On Saturday, January 6th, between the hours of 07:30AM – 4:30PM National Grid US will be conducting an extensive overhaul and upgrade to their infrastructure surrounding our area. The outage will affect parts of Rush, Mendon, and Avon.
For residents who live in the affected parts of Rush; the Rush Fire Department Station #1 at 1971 Rush Mendon Rd will be open as a warming station and the RFD Ladies Auxiliary will be on site to provide snacks and refreshments.
Key notes of importance:
- Please test your generators before hand. As a reminder, please place any running generators outside in a well ventilated area.
- Please do not leave running vehicles inside an enclosed garage.
- Please do not use non-conventional heating sources inside your home. An alternative heating source would be a wood stove, a pellet stove, or fireplace.
- Please check your Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors.
- If you or a loved one is oxygen dependent we would suggest that you have plenty of portable oxygen tanks that will get you through the day.
- Keep an eye on your sump pumps. The last thing anyone wants is a flooded basement. In an emergent situation the Fire Department is willing to pump out your basement.
As always, in the event of an emergency, please dial 911 as soon as possible.